Thursday, November 29, 2018

Week 11 - Splining



This is my most current video of the project which is now fully splined. I think the speed of all the movements is a bit fast and some poses could be held a little longer.

One issue I had was when the wrist control was splined during the part where he holds his head to the next pose. The wrist has the follow control that is able to be keyed, it keys from head to none but causes a jerk when mid way. I finally figured out how to fix it by dragging the keys of  Head and None to the same frame in the graph editor the problem disappears. A really simple fix that took me a while to find.

Another issue I had was when turning stepped curves into spline, the wrist of the hand would spin around in a wacky way. I ended up going through the whole thing and fixing the hand at that point. Before I tried to adjust in the graph editor but its a little more straightforward just taking the wrist at each point and fixing it. 

Friday, November 9, 2018

Week 10 Spline in Progress

This has been a lot of things going on this week and I didn't get too much done with my animation as I wanted to. I was working small to spline through the poses. Working with a smaller scope with this timeline is going to help. So this is the first thirty frames splined.



I had a lot of problems with the arm transitioning. I guessed when I blocked it out the wrist was zeroed out and then reposed which caused a some issues with the direction of the elbow during splining. Friends who saw it confirmed that it looked hilarious but alas was not correct.
Easiest way to try to correct was to work in the graph editor.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Week 9 - Finalized Block and Splining

So I started with counting my total number of poses which was up to a 37 and I thought I would Cut out about half of that and see how it looked. However I mistakenly miscounted but that didn't matter because I've already sticking to the idea that I would cut it down to 18 poses. I had to do this twice because while I finally cutting it down Maya froze forcing me to do everything again. So the now I have this new block.  Which is 15 poses.



So I have since autosplined it to see how well the rigs move through the final poses. I'd say that it needs to get more up and down movement and especially getting the IK arms from getting out of control. I intend to work more on this throughout this next weekend.